I am a foodie.
If not working, you will always find me checking the different recipes on the YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Most of the times, we, Bengali prepare MURGIR JHOL (Chicken Curry) which is a very popular cuisine in Bengal. I do love it, especially on a Sunday. However, if I am bored of the MURGIR JHOL, I prepare DHANIYA CHICKEN which you can make very easily.
Coriander Chicken which is more popularly known as Dhania Chicken is a delicious curry. Unlike the other chicken curries, it takes a very little time to prepare. All you need is fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves (optional) and yogurt which gives a special flavor to the curry.
- 500 g – Chicken
- 1 – Onion, large thinly sliced
- 5-6 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp – Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp – Red Mirch powder
- 1 Tsp – Kashmiri Mirch powder
- Salt as per taste
- Sarso Oil for cooking
- 1 Tsp – Cumin Seeds
- 1 – Tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch – Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp – Yogurt
How to Make Coriander Chicken?
• Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, and oil. Do the marination before an hour.
• Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadai. Use sarso oil. Add cumin seeds.
• Add the onion and green chilies. Fry it till it turns brown.
• Add the ginger garlic paste.
• Add the marinated chicken, fry until the color changes.
• Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder.
• Prepare the green chutney.
• In a grinder, add the coriander leaves and 2 tbsp of yogurt. Grind this to a fine paste.
• Once the oil starts oozing out of the chicken, add the green chutney and fry for 5 to 10 minutes on low flame. Cover and cook, and check again and again so that the chicken doesn’t get burnt.
• After 8 minutes check for the salt and consistency of the gravy.
• Add the garam masala powder, cover and cook for 1 more minute.
• Serve hot with rice.
TIP: You can also have it with roti/nan. However, being a Bengali, I will always advise you to enjoy this yummy chicken preparation with rice. :p
Would you like to share any chicken recipe with me? Please share in the comments section.